Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Project #10- Personal Learning Network

A Work in Progress

I want to build a supportive and innovative PLN that will help me grow as a student and future educator.  Most of all, I want it to help me grow as a person. I want this place to act as a safe haven or  safety net for me to throw around new ideas around and get answers to questions I don't know the answers to.  I want to come in contact with educators that uses the most relevant methods and recipotate those methods in teaching my students.  This all seems complex and complicated, but Dr. Strange and EDM310 has actually set the foundation for this type of PLN.

Here are a few tips to a successful PLN...

  • Set up a accounts: Google, Blogger, Youtube, iTunes,
  • Set up an account to organize all your information such as: Symbaloo.  There are more available.  I choose to use Symbaloo to organize all my findings. I found this tool very useful. I was constantly bookmarking on my toolbar, but this is much easier, organized, and visually appealing for me
  • Join a few social sites such as: Twitter, Facebook, Edublogger World, etc
  • For a start, pick 5 Blogs you find interesting and start reading and following them. Become a part of the conversation and start commenting on the blogs you read. Ex. Cool Cat Teacher/Vicki Davis and Ted Talk. 
  • Look up the bloggers profiles to get a sense of who they are. If they seem interesting, follow them on twitter or facebook.  Alot of edcuators uses twitter. Do the same for their followers.
  • Search for videos and podcast on YouTube and itunes. There are alot of great ones out there!




Here's a start to my PLN....

Google
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
Blogger
Pinterest
Pandora
Amazon
Edm310 class blog
Jamie Lynn Miller, @jamielynn519
Paige Vitulli, @PaigeVitulli, Pondering Paige
G Tashbin, @gtashbin
Allie Howell, @AllieHowell
Stephen Akins, @akins14
Anthony Capps, @MrCapps
John Strange, @drjohnhadley
Pernille Ripp, Blogging Through The Fourth Dimension
Lisa Nielsen, The Innovative Educator

No comments:

Post a Comment